Classes and Rehearsal
- The workshop is mandatory to all competitors (except professional division dancers). More info in Workshop Section.
- Technical rehearsal/open stage will be provided 15 minutes before each round
- Competitors must provide their own music material, in MP3 format
- Good quality recordings are to be sent to the Competition email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- All files should be marked with the competitors name, division and title of work
- Competitors are responsible for having back-up and rehearsals copies on CD
Note: Bring a copy of your CD with yourself as backup
- Competitors should provide their own costumes and make-up
- The order of appearance is determined by the competition after registration deadline by the latest March 7th 2018.
- All competitors must appear in the Awards Gala Ceremony on March 19th
- If a dancer is unable to perform due to possible injury, he/she must provide a doctor’s statement.
- The competition takes place at TEATRO POLITEAMA GRECO: via XXV Luglio, 73100 LECCE (LE) 70126 Italy (www.politeamagreco.it). The stage dimensions are 14,4 metres x 12,5 metres
- All competition performances are held before a public audience.
- Every participant at the competion will receive a Pass Card for entrance to the theatre and
workshops for the 16 th , 17 th and 18 th March on the day of registration.
A free Pass Card will also be given to every teacher or companion.
For groups of 8 or more participants a maximum of 3 extra free Pass Cards will be given.
However, extra passes will be available at registration and also at the Politeama Greco
Theatre (Lecce) at a cost of 5€ to view the competition and workshops during the days 16 th ,
17 th and 18 th of March.
Each participant will receive a free ticket for the Gala on the 19 th of March at the Politeama
Greco Theatre (Lecce).
- Competitors will be judged by an international Jury based on 100-point system
- Competitors will be judged on artistry, technical skill and musicality
- Male and female participants in all age divisions will NOT compete separately.
- The competition does not give out jury scores
- The jury reserves the right to withhold any award or to divide an award between competitors
- Decisions of the jury are final and without appeal
- The jury of IBCDC reserves the right not to present all of the announced awards
- Competitors can arrive in Lecce on Thursday, March 15th 2018, to register
- Contestants must check in at the Competition at least on the day of their appearance, four (4) hours in advance
- Please make your travel plans accordingly
- Competitors are responsible for securing their own medical and accidental insurance for the duration of the competition
Travel and Accommodation
- Travel and expenses to and from Lecce, Italy are the responsibility of the competitor.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the competitor. Special rates are available for housing and food (see About – Location)